Ever wonder what I use for my traditional art? Probably not, but I'll list it anyway. I've included some Amazon links for reference, but you might be able to get a better deal on Dick Blick or a local art supply store.
- Canson brand sketchbooks - my favorite being the XL Mix Media Pad (favorite size is 7" x 10"), which is great for watercolors, markers, and colored pencils. I'm not sure how well thicker water-based paints hold up, but I might try it out sometime.
- Sakura Pigma Micron pigment liners - my most-used sizes are .05, .03, .01, and .005. I like this brand in particular because it fades the least when I erase my pencil lines. Staedtler pigment liners are a good runner-up.
- Factis Extra Soft White Vinyl Eraser - the best at erasing pencil lines without leaving streaks or fading the ink lines. It also lives up to its name of being extra soft.
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils - I scored two boxes of these (a 120 count and a 48 count) when I moved away from my partner's mother, and it's gonna suck when I run out, because they're not exactly cheap. They're good for blending with markers and watercolors, as well as on their own. I like to build up layers with them (they blend into each other fairly well this way).
- Multicolored Sharpie Markers - I've been using the Ultra Fine Point variety, but I could use some bigger ones to fill larger spaces. I prefer not to use them for outlining, as newer markers tend to leave hesitation points.
- Simply Art Watercolor Pencils - I use these for detailing, outlining, and blending.
- Simply Art Watercolor Cakes - good for setting up a color base in a watercolor painting.
- Jack Richeson Yarka Student Semi Moist Watercolor - these give a more rich color than the cakes, and they blend better with water, but there are fewer colors to choose from, so you have to get creative in your utilization.
- Staedtler Mars Non-Photo Blue pencils - good for setting up base work.
I'm sure there's others, but those are what I've been using lately. Add in a Coca-Cola, some Hot Cheetos, and the music playlist of my choosing, and I'm good to go!
~ Sarah Elaine